Agent Knows Northern Virginia HomesHome
“Hello, Beautiful – Welcome!” Is that not what you want to say when you look out of your window and see the first bloom standing tall.
With that first bloom, we think spring is on its way. With spring comes old-fashioned cleaning. The common areas we do without coaxing, so below are the top three areas that are overlooked around the house, and also to ourselves. Enjoy the extra hints on how to prepare yourself for spring.
- Inspect your roof: Shingles that curl (turn up) and claw (turn down) can make your roof inefficient and susceptible to leaks.
- Inspect your Mind: Winter blues can play havoc on your joy and peace. Remove any negative feelings and replace with happy sunny thoughts.
- Check Your Heat/Air Unit; Change Batteries in Detectors: Change filters and clean the air purifier. Have your ducts professionally cleaned. Change batteries on smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Schedule a physical and change to a healthier life-style: During the winter months we tend to hibernate and forget to really take care of ourselves. Spring is a great time to renew your commitment to living healthy. Don’t forget the yearly tests your doctor recommends.
- Check outside hose faucets for freeze damage: Turn the water on and place your thumb or finger over the opening. If you can stop the flow of water, it is likely the pipe inside the home is damaged, and will need to be replaced.
- Check your heart for freezer damage: One of the number one causes of depression is failing to let go of past hurts, mistakes, and wrongs done to us. Holding grudges and trying to get even freezes your heart and life. This spring let go of all that binds you, and you will be free to bloom like the flower, and fly like the butterfly.
Have a gorgeous spring, and remember we want your home and you to stay in great shape as long as possible. When you get a desire for a new home, we at Agent Knows Homes are here to help you find that dream place. When you are ready to discuss what your options are, call me, Jeff Wu at 571-248-1110 or email me at [email protected]. Take a virtual walk around my web site anytime – http://agentknowshomes.com. You might be inspired!